Skip to main content

Student Transfer Information and Forms

The State Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a transfer: Student Transfer Application.

Parents needing technology access to print or complete the form can visit the Haworth Public School District. Paper copies of the form can also be picked up at the Haworth Public School District located at 300 N. Maple, Haworth, OK.

·      Decisions about transfers for the 2024-2025 school year will be made starting July 1, 2024. We will contact parents directly about the approval status of their child’s transfer.

·      Mid-year transfer requests will be considered within [5] school days of the district receiving the application.

·      New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who attended the district on a transfer during the 2023-24 school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel.

·      To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found on the school website.

·      Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance, and discipline issues.

·      Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.

·      Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.

·      When capacity allows, and after a transfer application is approved, the guardian must complete our district's enrollment registration.

·      Transfer decisions may be appealed. Refer to Board Policy for the appeal process.

If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact:
Rachael Smith, Principal of Haworth Secondary School, at (6th-12th)
Phil Dicketts, Principal of Haworth Elementary School, at (PreK-5)

Note: Students previously here on a transfer do not need to complete the application at this time. 

Once you are directed to the State Department website, You can follow the directions in the pictures below.