HAWORTH PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Home of the Lions
Haworth Schools is a quality pre-K through twelfth grade school system nestled in a setting of beautiful trees and grassy, open fields. Our supportive community and dedicated staff continue to make major physical and technological improvements to our buildings and classrooms, which proves our dedication to give students what they deserve. Experienced teachers and community pride are the perfect combination to provide the nurturing educational experience we offer with our small school family. We feel the more you know about our schools, the more impressed you will be.
We invite you to take a look now, and then keep checking in with us from time to time; hopefully you'll notice the changes, the new features, etc. This site will continue to evolve and keep you up-to-date on important school activities and information. Please let us know if you need assistance with utilizing this Website to better serve our community.
Thanks for visiting and come back again, soon!
Haworth Public Schools
300 N. Maple St.
Haworth, OK 74740
Superintendent's Office (580) 245-1406, ext. 400 - Fax #: (580) 245-2265
High School Office: (580) 245-1406, ext. 300 - Fax #: (580) 245-4913
Junior High School Office: (580) 245-1406, ext. 200
Junior High/High School Counselor: (580) 245-1406, ext. 203
Elementary Office: (580) 245-1406, ext. 100 - Fax #: ((580) 245-4912
Congratulations Haworth Schools Teacher of the Year Nominees!
Our fabulous, deserving nominees are: Amanda Taylor, Carol Milwee,
David Boyd, and Jennifer Cox
Congratulations Mrs. Carol Milwee!
*****Our 2015 Haworth Teacher of the Year*****
Go to "Cafeteria" Tab above for weekly menu.
Go to High School/Junior High Tab above, click on Library Resources and
check out the 2014 Sequoyah Book Lists and list of Educational Websites.
Utilize these tools for research, writing, reading, studying and homework.
Contact Mrs. Audie Smith if you need assistance with any of these sites.
Click on image above to access school board agendas.
Haworth School Board Meeting
May 7, 2015 - 6:30 p.m.
Click on the pencil below for access to the 2014-15 School Calendar
End-of-the-Year Countdown Schedule
May 11............SR Graduation Practice @ 8:00 a.m. - auditorium
May 11……….JH Graduation Practice 1@ 10:30 a.m. - auditorium
May 11……….HS Awards Assembly @ 1:00-2:00 p.m. - auditorium -Grades 10-12
May 11……….Academic Banquet @ 6:30 p.m. – cafeteria
May 12……….PK-2nd Awards Assembly @ 10:00 a.m. – elementary gym
May 12……….JH Graduation Practice 2 @ 10:30 a.m. - auditorium
May 12……….Athletic Banquet @ 6:30 p.m. – cafeteria
May 13……….3rd-6th Awards Assembly @ 10:00 a.m.– elementary gym
May 13……….SR Graduation Practice 2@ 8:30-10:00 a.m. - auditorium
May 13……….SR Brunch @ 10:00 a.m. – cafeteria
May 13.............JH Awards Assembly - Grades 7-9 @ 1:00 p.m. - auditorium
May 13……….SR Baccalaureate @ 4:00 – 5:00 - auditorium - reception in cafeteria
May 14……….Kindergarten Graduation @ 9:00 a.m. – elementary gym
May 14……….Ninth Grade Graduation @ 1:00 p.m. – auditorium
May 14……….FFA Banquet @ 6:30 p.m. – cafeteria
May 15………. Student Council/Art Club Trip – Hot Springs, AR
May 15……….6th Grade Graduation @ 9:00 a.m. – elementary gym
May 16……….Senior Class of 2015 Graduation @ 2:30 p.m. – auditorium
May 20……….Last Day of School
May 21-22……Professional Development
May 25……….Memorial Day (offices closed)
See sidebar at right of page for education, weather, sports, and other news-related sites.
Don't forget to enjoy READING and you can work on Study Island when possible.
Follow the instructions below, in order to use the program:
1. Go http://www.studyisland.com/
2. Enter your username and password at the upper left corner of the screen and click "Login".
Note: Students will receive a username and password from their teacher at school. Please contact this year's teacher if your child has forgotten it or is a new student.
3. Click on the section tab (math, reading, etc.) that you wish to work on.
2. Click the "Pretest" in order to begin the pretest for the section. You must complete a minimum of 10
pretest questions before moving on to the other question groups.
3. Once you complete the "Pretest", you may work through the remainder of the question groups in any order you like. You must "pass" all question groups before taking the "Post Test".
To pass a question group, you must satisfy the group's passing requirements which are
based a minimum number of questions taken(usually 10) and a minimum percentage
correct(around 70%). A blue ribbon icon is displayed next to all passed question groups.
4. Once you have passed all the question groups in the section, you have to pass the "PostTest" for the section before the section is complete. Ignore this step if the section has no "Post Test".
5. When you pass all question groups in all sections, you have completed the program and are prepared for the state exams. We encourage you, however, to repeat sections as many times as you wish giving yourself more than the minimum 10 questions as there is a large test bank of questions with multiple lesson reviews that will better ensure your knowledge & preparation in the subject matter.